Milwaukee 2691-22 18V Drill Driver Combo Kit
|Product Name:||Milwaukee 2691-22|
|Features:||8-volt compact drill/driver, 1/4-inch hex impact driver, 400 inch-pounds of torque, variable-speed|
The Milwaukee 2691-22 18V Drill Driver Combo Kit is the perfect tool combination for professionals and Do-it-Yourself enthusiasts alike. With two unique, multi-function devices, and as many batteries, the Milwaukee Drill Driver Combo eliminates the need for constant recharging and time-consuming return trips to the toolbox. By marrying their inventive 4-Pole frameless motor with an all-metal gear case and patented REDLITHIUM batteries, Milwaukee has given birth to a pair of devices that offer more power, torque, and run time than your average power tool. All of this and still the design team did not sacrifice comfort for power. Using their experience as industry leaders, they have provided an ergonomic handle design and lightweight construction for both the M18 Compact 1/2″ Drill Driver and M18 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver, which help keep stamina and fatigue issues in the bedroom where they belong. You can find our best cordless drills and other milwaukee cordless drills in our site.
Who will use Milwaukee 2691-22
- Professional Contractors, Technicians, and Electricians who need reliable, multi-function, heavy duty tools.
- DIY’ers who handle a variety of household repairs.
- Pinterest inspired hobbyists (and their husbands) who have collected thrift store furniture for repurposing.
The Milwaukee 2691-22 18v Drill Driver Combo Kit sports the M18 Compact 1/2″ Drill Driver, the M18 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver, two compact REDLITHIUM Batteries, a charger, a belt clip, and an attractive, yet durable, soft carrying case. For it’s part, the Drill Driver rotates as high as 1,800 RPMs and offers peak torque of 500 in-lbs. Not to be outdone, the M18 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver is capable of 2,750 RPMs, and a maximum torque of 1,500 in-lbs.
Power for Precision
As already mentioned, the Milwaukee 2691-22 18v Drill Driver Combo Kit boasts a pair of highly powerful tools capable of chewing a hole through hardwood as though it were soft and unlocking some of the most trusted standard duty fasteners. Though always impressive, power is not the only measure of a quality tool; precision is also an important factor. With compact frames that enable them to fit into tight spaces, built-in LED lights, and variable speed triggers, the Drill Driver and Impact Driver ensure a high degree of finesse.
Anyone who has worked with power tools for an extended period- drilling out guide holes and screwing down deck boards, for instance- knows how tiring it can be to heft a heavy power tool continually for hours on end. With the M18 Compact 1/2″ Drill Driver or the M18 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver, every effort to minimize enervation has been made. Without the battery, the Drill Driver weighs in at a negligible 2.9lbs, and still manages to come in under five when fully loaded. Slightly heavier, the Impact Driver alone is just north of 3lbs and tops out at 5.1lbs with the battery attached. As such, these tools are stout enough for heavy duty, yet light enough for the easy task.
The inclusion of two REDLITHIUM batteries in the Milwaukee 2691-22 18v Drill Driver Combo Kit helps reduce downtime by always having a reserve. However, if both batteries are in use, the added feature of a battery fuel gauge safeguards against sudden power failure. The incorporation of a high-speed charger in the kit that can return a dead battery to full life in just one hour also minimizes time spent at idle.
To and Fro
When traveling to and from the job site, or garage, all of these accessories can be stored securely and conveniently inside the included soft carrying case that is as attractive and durable as the tools themselves.
- Powerful– The Drill Driver and Impact Driver sport as much power as can be packed into a compact, battery operated frame.
- Precision– LED lights, variable speed trigger, and compact design allow for maneuverability and finesse.
- Comfort– These tools are lightweight and ergonomically designed, making them easy and enjoyable to use.
- Intuitive– Battery fuel gauges allow enhanced job planning capability.
- Confidence– The Drill Driver, Hex Impact Driver, and Battery Charger all come with a five-year warranty. The REDLITHIUM batteries are covered by a two-year warranty.
- Docking– Placing the battery in the “Home” position to start charging can be a little cumbersome.
- Carrying Case– Though attractive, the soft carrying case does not provide the protection of a hard case.
- Sudden Death– If you are working and not paying attention to the battery indicator, you may be in for a shock. Once the gauge hits empty, the battery stops immediately.
How many batteries are included in the kit?
Two batteries are included in the kit.
Can you charge both batteries at the same time?
No. Only one battery can be charged at a time.
Will these tools work with any drill bit?
The M18 Compact 1/2″ Drill Driver is equipped with a standard chuck that will grip most drill bits while the M18 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver is fitted with a quick hexagonal coupler that works with quick connect bits.
While the compact REDLITHIUM batteries offer 1.5 amp hours of run time, for large projects or extended use, make sure to keep one in reserve or consider upgrading to the M18 REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Extended Capacity Battery Pack.
Whether you are a weekend workhorse or a professional contractor, the Milwaukee 2691-22 18V Drill Driver Combo Kit offers a variety of solutions to your problems. These tools are lightweight, compact, and feature inspirational design. Milwaukee brand tools have been in existence since 1924 and have a name synonymous with quality. This Milwaukee Drill Driver Combo continues that legacy.
If you are still interested in purchasing the Milwaukee 2691-22 18V Drill Driver Combo Kit but want further feedback from others who have purchased this item, check out these Amazon reviews.